Annual Town Meeting
Monday, November 27, 2017 at 7:00 PM
Old Saybrook Middle School – Auditorium
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Town Meeting of the electors and citizens qualified to vote at town meetings of the Town of Old Saybrook will be held at the Old Saybrook Middle School Auditorium, 60 Sheffield Street, Old Saybrook, Connecticut on November 27, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. for the following purposes:
- To act upon the recommendation of the Board of Finance and the Board of Selectmen to liquidate, or transfer like securities, from the town’s Retiree Health Care Fund of which the exact proceeds will be determined on the date of the transaction, and to transfer the proceeds as follows:
- $1,000,000 to the town’s defined benefit pension plan
- the remaining proceeds, approximately $219,428.66 as of October 31, 2017, will be transferred into the town’s Post Employment Payout account.
- To act upon the recommendation of the Board of Selectmen and the Planning Commission to accept as a gift those premises situated at Coulter Street, Old Saybrook, Connecticut and further described as being located at map 049/block 006-0001, book 160, page 185. Said property is an undeveloped parcel of land consisting of approximately 9 acres of~primarily tidal wetlands.~ As part of the conveyance, the Town will abate current taxes prorated from the date of closing (current year tax bill is $813.92). The property is owned by Joan Van Epps.
- To receive and act upon The Reports of The Town Officials As Printed in The Annual Town Report For The Fiscal Year July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017.
Carl P. Fortuna, Jr.
Scott M. Giegerich
Dated at Old Saybrook, Connecticut, this 15th day of November, 2017.
ATTEST: Sarah V. Becker, Town Clerk